Tanks and Tank Lining
(a subsidiary of Great Lakes Power Inc.)
SAVE YOUR WATER TANKS! – Preserving Water Tanks with Elastic Ceramic Lining – Exceptional Guarantees!
ALL UNPROTECTED WATER TANKS EVENTUALLY START LEAKING
Proven Elastic Ceramic Porcelain Lining is For Old and New Water Tanks
It protects Hot, Cold and Underground Water Tanks, Softeners, Filters, Condensate, Fire and Drinking Supply Tanks, Brine Tanks and other types of water vessels.
5 year Unconditional Guarantee With Options For Renewals
NEW TANKS…OLD TANKS
Scale, sludge and the products of Corrosion are constantly being accumlated in iron and steel tanks and starts the day a new tank is installed. A portion of these products are then carried into the piping system. These accumulations are the main cause of poor water circulation, and the principal contributing factor in the failure of tanks and piping. NEGLECT means EXORBITANT REPLACEMENT EXPENSE. ELASTIC PORCELAIN Lining eliminates these hazards.
ELASTIC PORCELAIN LINING
- ELASTIC PORCELAIN Contracts and Expands with Metal
- ELASTIC PORCELAIN is a material that adheres to iron and steel. It expands and contracts at the same rate as these metals. It is self-curing under water.
- ELASTIC PORCELAIN will withstand temperature ranges from freezing to 230 degrees F. without cracking or checking.
- ELASTIC PORCELAIN is entirely inert in character and will not affect the liquid with which it comes in contact. It is safely used for lining potable water storage tanks.
- ELASTIC PORCELAIN is installed in your tank on your own premises by trained & insured work crews. It is a monolithic lining which will prevent any contact between water and metal. It gives complete protection against the action of electrolysis or galvanic currents.
- ELASTIC PORCELAIN effects a cost savings for heating water as the passages around coils and in hot water boilers are no longer blocked with rust and sludge.
- When tanks are lined with Elastic Porcelain the formation of lime scale on coils is retarded. Frequently it is entirely stopped.
- Tanks are easily cleaned by simply washing with a hose, eliminating the drudgery of scraping and wire brushing the shells.
- ELASTIC PORCELAIN has a background of over seventy years of successful installations in water tanks for hotels, hospitals, municipal and public buildings, schools and colleges, apartment houses, laundries and manufacturing industries.
- Many storage tanks do not have manholes which means the tanks have not been cleaned since first installed. WE INSTALL MANHOLES WHEN NEEDED.
- Under good conditions when unlined tanks are regularly cleaned and inspected, Hot Water Tanks have a life expectancy of five to twenty years. and Cold Water Tanks fifteen to thirty-five years..
- Tanks are cleaned down to shiny metal with specially designed power de-scaling equipment and then are inspected for any defects. Any required repairs are made by qualified welders. After proper preparations, the ELASTIC PORCELAIN Lining is installed to a thickness of one-quarter inch.
Specifications for lining NEW TANKS:
Tanks must have at least 11” X 15” manhole, Tank to be coarse sandblasted by the tank fabricator to remove mill scale. Tank to be erected in position with all water connections completed and ready for operation, prior to lining installation. Minimum size tank 36 inch diameter.
All ELASTIC PORCELAIN installations are FULLY GUARANTEED.
GREAT LAKES HAS LINED OVER 4000 TANKS IN MICHIGAN
CALL, WRITE OR EMAIL FOR A FREE INSPECTION AND ESTIMATE
30 Lantz Street | Detroit, MI 48203
Phone 313-366-5550 | Toll Free: 800-294-4067 | Fax: 313-366-8899